Getting Game Ready
It's about to be the best time of the year again, football season. My job ramps up and it's go time. Obviously with all of the craziness the fall brings, means that I not only have to be mentally prepared but also physically prepared.
About a year ago I decided it was time I got myself in game shape and pointed myself in a direction of outer and inner transformation. Here's everything I've done that has completely changed not only my physical appearance but given me a better perspective on how I can be the best I can be.
1. Pay Attention to What You're Putting In Your Body - First and foremost I have not gone on any serious diets, all I did was alter my food choices and focus on what I was actually consuming day to day. Eating late at night always left me waking up feeling bloated and lethargic so immediately I decided I would have to cut any eating later than 9pm. I also decided to drastically increase my water intake. If any of you have ever been severely dehydrated you'll know how it can take a toll on your body. I can't stress how important it is to make sure you're drinking enough water because it impacts so much: your skin, your energy level, your digestion system, I mean the list goes on and on. All I really did was work everyday at making sure that whatever I was putting in my body was something that would actually fuel me through my days.
2. Skincare, skincare, skincare - Coming from someone who suffered from terrible acne in high school I can truly say that having clear skin has just skyrocketed my confidence. The thought of sleeping with makeup on almost stresses me out, I have to wash my face and moisturize. The results will show if you stay on top of it. My skincare routine is super simple as it's just using a tea tree oil face wash, putting on eye cream (am and pm) and making sure I put on my Nutriluxe Lash MD serum, it really does work. Also, the biggest thing I started doing was getting professional help. Everyone kept recommending Vitalize Medical Spa to me and finally I decided it was time to see what it was all about. My first visit I decided to get a dermaplaning facial and was absolutely blown away by the results. My makeup went on better and whatever blemishes I currently had just healed right up. I have since gone back for other services (Hydrafacials) each time leave feeling more and more satisfied. They have truly helped me make a commitment to my skin care.
3. Positive Body Role Models - When I first saw Ashley Graham on the cover of the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Edition I was absolutely beaming with pride. Here is someone who completely rocks and owns her body, every curve and it is beautiful. The way that she carries herself says I don't care if I have cellulite I know how much I have to give to this world and truly gorgeous I am. I decided it was time I took on that same attitude and wow what a shift. I finally felt like I owned it and it was totally liberating to say the least. Whatever shape or size you are, love it, you'll be amazed at how many others will start feeling the same way about you.
4. Get your sweat on - After finishing playing tennis in high school I had kind of put working out consistently on the back burner. I enjoyed a good workout but never made it a true necessity in my life. Last year, I started doing bootcamp everyday at work and I noticed a major difference right away. I didn't step on the scale but the first difference I noticed was that my clothes fit better. I've never been one to love showing my arms but toning them up with exercise has given me the boost I needed.
5. Treat Yoself - I've only really worn drugstore makeup but this past year I made the decision to budget spending more on beauty products and investing in makeup & skincare that actually worked the best for me. I'm not saying I'm an expert but just let me know if you'd like to know what makeup I use and what skincare products I swear by.
Overall I'm in a better state of mind and have the fuel I need to power through this next season.